Now is the time to trust the local specialist Lettings Agent, who is licenced and regulated by Propertymark, to look after a property for you.
We believe all Letting Agents should be licenced to practice, both to protect the consumer and to encourage and maintain high standards of service and knowledge, but still most are not.
You can be sure that any Agents who display the ARLA Propertymark logo are very closely monitored, and there are certain conditions that need to be met before an Agent can be considered for membership.
We must comply with the following:
- Have current Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Have a designated client account with the bank. (As members of ARLA/NAEA Propertymark and NALS we have to provide accounting information to meet their licence criteria)
- Commit to being part of a Client Money Protection Scheme
- Commit to offer services to Landlords and Tenants meeting all of ARLA/NAEA Propertymark and NALS Service Standards
- Have a written Customer Complaints Procedure which offers independent redress should any complaint from a Landlord or Tenant not be resolved in-house.
After a firm has been given ARLA/NAEA Propertymark and NALS licenced status, that’s not the end of the story. We will be continuously monitored, to ensure our compliance requirements are being met.
On an ongoing basis firms must supply ARLA/NAEA Propertymark and NALS with an Accountant’s Report confirming compliance with ARLA/NAEA Propertymark and NALS Accounting Standards.
We are required to renew our licence annually, and as part of that process we must produce up-to-date evidence of our compliance and continued training and development.
With such attention and effort invested in qualifying ARLA/NAEA Propertymark and NALS firms its easy to see why more and more people are choosing to rely on a Licenced Regulated Agent as the most effective and trusted way of letting or selling your property.