We believe all Letting Agents should be licensed to practice, both to protect the consumer and to encourage and maintain high standards of service and knowledge.
You can be sure that any Agents who display the ARLA/NALS/NAEA logo are very closely monitored, and there are certain conditions that need to be met before an Agent can be considered for membership.
We must comply with the following:
- Have current Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Have a designated client account with the bank. (As members of ARLA/NALS/NAEA we have to provide accounting information to meet their licence criteria)
- Commit to being part of a Client Money Protection Scheme
- Commit to offer services to Landlords and Tenants meeting all of ARLA/NALS/NAEA Service Standards
- Have a written Customer Complaints Procedure which offers independent redress should any complaint from a Landlord or Tenant not be resolved in-house.
After a firm has been given ARLA/NALS/NAEA status, that’s not the end of the story. We will be continuously monitored, to ensure our compliance requirements are being met.
On an ongoing basis firms must supply ARLA/ NALS/NAEA with an Accountant’s Report confirming compliance with ARLA/ NALS/ NAEA Accounting Standards.
We are required to renew our licence annually, and as part of that process we must produce up-to-date evidence of our compliance.
With such attention and effort invested in qualifying ARLA/ NALS/NAEA firms its easy to see why more and more people are choosing to rely on a Licenced Regulated Agent as the most effective and trusted way of letting or selling your property.